Spray coating a container offers the ability to create a customized color, design, texture, or all – on either glass or plastic. As the name suggests, in this process containers are sprayed to attain the desired effect — from a frosted look, a textured feel, a single custom color background for further design finishing, or in any conceivable design combination with multiple colors, fades or gradients. Used as a background element – you can silk screen or pressure-sensitive label on top of frost applications. Spray coating offers an excellent choice for customization – without the high minimum quantities of other finishing methods.
Advantages of spray coating:
- Allows a variety of design solutions: frosting, crackling, gradation, fades, antiquing, fluorescents, high gloss, etc
- Can provide a non-slip texture option
- Coatings can be UV- or conventionally heat-cured
- Glass containers can be sprayed with organic or ceramic coatings
- Plastic containers can be UV-coated
- Can replicate a specific PMS color without the need for special order bottle colorants