- Home /
- Decorating - Therimage/Heat Transfer
Through the use of heat, pressure and dwell, this technique allows the transfer of pre-printed graphics to be applied directly to a substrate. The labels are "reverse-printed" (like a decal) and consist of an adhesive, an ink layer, a protective lacquer and release paper. The result is the look and feel of a label without a label.
Advantages of therimage/heat transfer:
- Works on plastic, glass and metal substrates
- Graphics can be silkscreened or rotogravure printed onto a label
- Creates a permanent bond that is chemical- and moisture-resistant
- Provided a waxless no label "look"
- No blistering or peeling
- Therimage heat transfer labels are biodegradable/environmentally friendly